The lizardfolk dwell inside sweltering jungles and deep historic swamps. Simply a monster for most of D&D history, the lizardfolk has been expanded to player race so that new gamers can journey role-playing thru their alien reptilian minds. Playing a lizardfolk ability seeing the world differently, seeing humanity differently, and adventuring alongside a pack of vulnerable easy skins. Roleplaying a lizardfolk can be an actual threat, and a stretch of your appearing muscles. Follow us via the dense underbrush and be equipped for whatever as we go thru the whole thing you want to know.
Most lizardfolk stay a savage existence. They structure small tribes in wetlands, swamps, and every now and then deep in any other case untouched jungles. They’re not often the sociable type, and that complete “monster” label is quite excellent most of the time. They prioritize survival above the whole lot else, and different races are generally simply viewed as “assets” or “resources”. Lizardfolk aren’t evil or stupid, they honestly have a pretty reptilian view of the world.
Lizardfolk General Info
- Vision: Darkvision
- Average Lifespan: Up to 80 years
- Homeland’s: Chessenta, Chondalwood, Chult, Lake of Steam, Nelanther Isles, Vilhon Reach, Western Heartlands
- Language’s: Draconic, CommonSubraces
- Subraces: Lizard king, Blackscale Poison Dusk
- Average Height: 6′ – 7′ (1.8–2.1 m)
- Average Weight: 200–250 lbs. (90.7–113 kg)
- Skin Color: Green, black, gray, brown
Lizardfolk doesn’t have a tendency to have lofty aspirations, evil schemes, or any actual plans past surviving the subsequent season. A lizardfolk tribe may cease up serving a priest to an evil god, or come to be enslaved through a neighborhood draconic tyrant, but all they definitely prefer is to continue to exist and be left alone. Their allegiance is to themselves first, their tribe second, and to something that guarantees the health of the first two.
Lizardfolk isn’t precisely emotionless, it simply looks like that to us warm-blooded squishy folk. They journey worry when a monster indicates up, anger towards a foe, fondness for a household member, Etc. It’s simply that they take these feelings as a static input, alternatively than feeling an emotion. Instead, they take these emotions like a listing of variables, emotions to them are no one of a kind than their different senses, and feeling disappointment is no exclusive than feeling hungry. They may additionally go to amazing lengths to shop an ally, however, they won’t be damaged up afterward if they fail. Lizardfolk can analyze to internalize these thoughts from non-lizardfolk, however, it’s like getting to know an overseas language.
- Javelin Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: (1d6 + 2) piercing damage.
- Javelin Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d6 + 2) piercing damage
- Multiattack: The lizardfolk makes two melee attacks, each one with a different weapon
- Spiked Shield: Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d6 + 2) piercing damage.
- Bite Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d6 + 2) piercing damage.
- Heavy Club: Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d6 + 2) bludgeoning damage.
Lizardfolk have Draconic names, however, they use very easy descriptive phrases for themselves. Usually, they relate to a fantastic deed or action, and they can trade many instances in the course of a lizardfolk’s life. Often, they relate to the lizardfolk’s searching style, easy description, or a robust foe they managed to vanquish. Their names have no gender, and even though their meanings are regularly easy draconic is a complicated language and the phrases are frequently long.
The Lizardfolk’s herbal armor traces up notably nicely for Dexterity-based fighter builds. Max your Dexterity up to 20 and your nimble Dexterity fighter has the identical AC as any individual lumbering round in full plate. Grab the struggle grasp archetype, a rapier and protect or a pair of shortswords, then go to the city as you dash around your enemies.
Check also: Kobold 5e
Lizardfolk makes superb druids. Constitution and Wisdom are precisely what they need, and the herbal armor potential lets them overlook armor altogether and focal point on their other stats. Druids have the “non-metal” limit and are regularly caught with disguise armor as their go-to. Lizardfolk’s base herbal armor is simply strictly better.