The Storm King’s Thunder, by Richard A. Knaak and James Wyatt, is the fifth volume in the Dragonlance Chronicles series and a direct sequel to Dragons of Autumn Twilight. The book follows the journey of Raistlin Majere as he continues his attempt to reshape Krynn by shattering the Weave.
Check also: Strixhaven: A Curriculum of Chaos
In the Fifth Age, the people of Krynn are now free of the ancient gods and their Dark Knights but are oppressed by natural disasters. Heroes convene to create a new nation built upon peace. Yet war looms on the horizon as Raistlin pursues the Blue Crystal Staff and its spell storm powers to unlock an ancient era of magic that will enable him to fulfill his dream of becoming a god.
Storm King’s Thunder (Dungeons & Dragons)
The story begins with a brief prologue at sea, where Linsha Majere examines the body of a dead blue dragon and concludes that it was killed by fire magic.
The story then goes back to the late Autumn of 10 AC, in which the Knights of Solamnia – who have now returned from their exile – and the people of Sanction make preparations for the ceremony to form a new government. The novel begins with Tasslehoff Burrfoot and Riverwind preparing for the journey to Xak Tsaroth, where they intend to find the Disks of Mishakal.
Meanwhile, Raistlin Majere, disguised as a hooded figure (later revealed to be Dalamar), is interrogated by Lord Gunthar Uth Wistan on suspicion of being a mage. Raistlin claims to be a follower of the true gods – and that magic returned when the gods died. He later sees Dalamar, who plans for Raistlin to travel with Caramon to Xak Tsaroth rather than be assigned as Lord Gunthar’s squire.
It is then revealed that Tanis Half-Elven and Laurana Kanan have been traveling separately since the end of Dragons of Winter Night in search of each other. They are reunited at Port Bali in Flotsam, where they meet up with Gilthanas and Silvara Moonflower. The group proceeds to Sanction for the ceremony.
Levels of storm king’s thunder 5e pdf
This is a GM-only PDF detailing the spells, magic items, and monsters for this summer’s D&D release. It includes the following:
- – New Races: Aasimar and genasi!
- – Monster lore: Huge dragons and wyverns!
- – Three new character classes: Arcane tricksters, divine speakers, and warlocks!
- – Exclusive looks at other significant releases coming this year.
Here’s your chance to get sneak peeks at what’s coming up in Dungeons & Dragons for 2017 before everyone else. These pages offer everything you need to delight players with magic treats and create effective threats as a Dungeon Master. Player characters won’t know what hit them!
You’ll learn how to:
- Create Genasi, the offspring of a mortal and a being from the Elemental Plane of Water. The most powerful beings are called “like-kind elements”—air, earth, fire, or water Genasi. Which kind of Genasi are you?
- Play a member of one of the core races which gave their soul in an ancient pact, now restored to life. These warlocks are yours to command!
- Create a masterwork weapon that gives its wielder the ability to cast a magic missile.
- Bring the joy of flight to your players by offering them the chance to become Dragonshards—easier or Tieflings given dragonlike qualities through ancient and powerful magic. See page 42 for details.